Looking to buy rosemary but don’t know where to find it?
Dried rosemary can be found in the spice aisle and fresh rosemary can be found next to other fresh herbs in the produce aisle. You can find both in most grocery stores.
In this article, we cover everything you need to know about flaxseeds, including which stores are most likely to have them available in stock.
What Is Rosemary?
Rosemary (Salvia Rosmarinus) is an aromatic herb common in the Mediterranean region that grows from 0 to 1500 meters of altitude, preferably in soils of calcareous origin.
Due to its characteristic aroma, the Romans called it “Rosmarinus”, which in Latin means dew of the sea.
It grows in bushes with wood-like stems and short pine-needless, and it also features flowers with white, pink, purple, or blue colors.
Rosemary has long been used in culinary and medicine, and you can see it being applied in a variety of ways, namely in dishes like soups, salads, and stews, as well as to make rosemary tea, which, by the way, is touted to provide a variety of benefits due to its antioxidant properties.
What Stores Carry Rosemary?
Almost all stores should have rosemary in stock, but if you want to make sure you find both dried and fresh rosemary, there are couples of stores that you should consider.
Here are the stores that are most likely to have rosemary available:
- Amazon: The biggest online marketplace in the world, Amazon has a variety of rosemary products, including whole rosemary, rosemary leaves, dried rosemary, and more unique alternatives such as rosemary oil.
- Walmart: Also one of the biggest marketplaces (and perhaps the biggest physical marketplace in the United States), Walmart also carries dried rosemary, whole rosemary, fresh rosemary, among other products.
- Whole Foods: Whole Foods is a natural food store where you can certainly find fresh produce, including fresh rosemary, as well as their very own 365 Whole Foods Rosemary.
- Kroger: Another place that carries rosemary (both whole and dried) is Kroger, one of the largest supermarkets in the United States.
- Publix: Also another great option (in case you don’t have a Kroger near you) is Publix, where you’re able to find rosemary in various forms, including rosemary oil.
- Asda (UK): If you live in the UK and wish to find rosemary, ASDA is a supermarket where you’re easily able to find it. Both fresh and dried rosemary.
- Tesco (UK): Tesco also has fresh rosemary leaves and dried rosemary leaves in a jar.
- Sainsbury’s (UK): Sainsbury’s has freshly packed rosemary in the produce area, as well as dried rosemary in a jar.
Where Is Rosemary Located in Grocery Stores?
If you wish to find dried rosemary, you can find it in the spice aisle next to other spices like basil, parsley, cilantro, black pepper, and many others.
However, if you want to get fresh rosemary, then you’ll find it in the produce aisle among other herbs and spices, typically in small packages with a few springs.
Way to Use Rosemary
The part of the rosemary plant that is mostly used is its leaves, which can be used to season dishes, though you can also use its flowers for making tea and baths.
- Rosemary tea: put a few leaves in a cup of boiling water and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Rosemary tincture: put 10 g of dried rosemary leaves, or 20 g of fresh rosemary leaves, in a glass jar with 30 ml of grain alcohol and 70 ml of water. Cover and place in a dark, dry place for 8 to 15 days, stirring the jar daily. After this time, you can take the tincture by diluting 1 teaspoon in 1 glass of water up to 3 times a day;
- Rosemary bath: put 50 g of rosemary in 1 liter of boiling water, cover, let it stand for 30 minutes, and strain. Then use this water during the bath;
- Rosemary essential oil: the oil can be used in aromatherapy treatments, massages, or baths with rosemary.
In addition, rosemary can also be used in the preparation of many dishes, including soups, salads, casserole, and stews.
Rosemary is not an exotic type of plant (or herb), therefore you should easily be able to find it in most supermarkets and grocery stores.
It’s typically stocked in the spice aisle (next to other spices and herbs), or if you want fresh rosemary, you’ll find it in the produce area next to other herbs like basil or cilantro.
If you feel like you’re unable to find it, then you should also be able to order some of it online through websites like Amazon or Walmart.
Our Recommendation For Vegans
Future Kind’s Essential Vitamins: This is our favorite multivitamin. It’s not the typical multivitamin because it was formulated to specifically address potential shortcomings in the vegan diet. It contains the essential vitamin B12, vitamin D, and Omega-3 fatty acids (DHA & EPA) delivered in necessary doses so you don’t have to worry about potential deficiencies. Want to learn more about it? Check out the review we did on it.