This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you purchase through these links. See my full disclosure here.
If you are looking for a product that will boost your vitality and your libido, you might be wondering whether to try Transparent Labs Vitality, which is a testosterone optimization formula. A lot of people are curious about whether this would work for them.
Transparent Labs Vitality is intended to help you gain lean muscle, burn fat and improve your confidence. It contains ingredients like ashwagandha extract, which has been associated with normalized cortisol levels and stress reduction. It can also increase testosterone levels. There is a good chance this supplement is effective.
In this article, we’re going to check out what is in the Vitality product, how effective this generally is, and whether it is likely to work for you.
What’s In Transparent Labs Vitality?
First of all, let’s look at what this product actually contains, so you know whether you are likely to benefit from taking it. It is important to understand the ingredients of anything you plan to consume, and the Vitality formula contains:
- Organic ashwagandha extract
- Quercetin Dihydrate
- Shilajit Extract
- Eurycoma longifolia
- An extract from the black pepper fruit, known as Bioperine
Unlike some of the Transparent Lab products, the Vitality formula contains some lesser-known ingredients that you may be unfamiliar with. Let’s break them down so you understand what you’ll be consuming and what its intended purpose within the formula is.
Ashwagandha is one of the first ingredients on the list for the Vitality formula, and there are many reasons to add it. It is also known as Indian ginseng, and it has been used in many natural medicines for centuries.
It is considered something of a cure-all, but it is particularly important in products that seek to increase your sense of well-being and confidence and reduce your stress levels. It normalizes the production of the cortisone hormone, and this will help to decrease both stress and anxiety. One of the promises of Vitality is that it will make you more confident. 1
Furthermore, ashwagandha is associated with increased testosterone levels, and it may be able to increase your testosterone levels by around 15 percent, or possibly even more. Some preliminary research suggests that it also improves fertility in men, although further research is needed to understand this. 2
It is also thought that ashwagandha may protect testes cells from oxidative damage, which increases the body’s ability to produce testosterone. Reducing your stress levels might increase your libido. A lot more study is needed to fully understand the links between ashwagandha and vitality, but the early evidence is strong.
Zinc is also thought to play an important role in supporting the immune system and healthy growth. It can reduce oxidative stress, which may work in conjunction with the ashwagandha’s effects on the body, and increase its ability to produce testosterone. 3
A deficiency in zinc may reduce your body’s ability to produce testosterone, although it is worth noting that few people in the US are deficient in zinc, so this ingredient may not be as beneficial as some of the others included in Vitality.
Further study is needed to fully understand the effects of Quercetin, but it is credited with reducing inflammation and protecting the body from infections. It is often used by athletes post-workout and is said to reduce the risk of upper respiratory infections.
It again has antioxidant properties and can protect the reproductive system and the cardiovascular system from damage. It is thought to prevent oxidative damage to the Leydig cells, which are the cells that make up testicular tissue, and this may help your body to maintain its testosterone levels. 4
Quercetin is found naturally in various fruits and vegetables, but taking it as part of the Vitality formula will ensure that your body is receiving sufficient quantities to protect your reproductive system.
Another ingredient with antioxidant properties, shilajit is known for its ability to improve testosterone levels in men who are suffering from low levels of this hormone. It has undergone several studies that demonstrate this, using placebos to prove its efficacy. 5
It is also thought to reduce the risk of chronic fatigue, encouraging the cells to produce sufficient amounts of energy. It may do this by preventing mitochondrial dysfunction. You may find that taking shilajit helps to renew your energy and gives you a boost that makes you feel better.
By including this, Transparent Labs increases the chances that you will have the energy to exercise and optimize your athletic performance.
Commonly used as an aphrodisiac, Eurycoma Longifolia is known for boosting testosterone in aging humans, and may also increase muscle strength, making it easier to work out. 6
These are the two major things that Vitality has been formulated to help with, meaning that it may be likely you will see some benefits as a result of taking the powder.
Also known as DIM, this important ingredient is generally found in foods like cauliflower, cabbage, and broccoli. It can help to regulate estrogen levels, and preliminary studies indicate that it could help with:
- Low mood
- Muscle recovery
- Muscle growth
- A sense of well-being
All of these are aligned with the goals of Vitality, so the inclusion of Diindolylmethane increases the chances of this product being effective.
Among other health benefits, boron is known for its ability to significantly increase the levels of testosterone within the body. It also helps testosterone bond with proteins in the blood, which is thought to have significant benefits as you age.
It may reduce estradiol levels by as much as half, lowering your risk of erectile dysfunction. While the other ingredients should have a gradual effect, this usually has a quick one.
With that being said, a lot more evidence is required to ascertain boron’s effects on testosterone. In some of the studies where you note an increase in free testosterone, the data is not statistically significant. 7
Black Pepper Extract
Vitality also contains a patented ingredient extracted from the fruit of the black pepper, known as Bioprene. It has been proven to increase the absorption of nutrients, meaning that you will get the full value of the other ingredients, rather than risking them passing through your body with minimal uptake.
This may also help you to absorb more nutrients from the rest of your diet, meaning that you will get greater benefits from eating healthy foods. Without this, your risk of deficiencies is increased.
How Effective Is Vitality?
It is always difficult to measure the efficacy of supplements like Vitality because no clinical studies have been done.
However, the ingredients included in this powder are all geared at improving testosterone levels and general well-being, increasing energy, and minimizing the damage done by oxidization.
It is likely that Vitality will have a positive effect on you, and if you are struggling with low mood, low libido, lethargy, or other problems, it may be worth a try.
If you wish to purchase Vitality, you can do so through Transparent Lab’s official website.
Vitality certainly has the ingredients to back up its claims and provide people with the boost they need to feel better. There is no guarantee that it will work for every individual, but you may notice at least some benefits as a result of taking it, thanks to its list of relatively effective ingredients.
Editor’s note: The content on this website is meant to be informative, but it should not be taken as medical advice. The content of our articles is not intended for use in the diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. It’s always best to speak with your doctor or a certified medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle, diet, exercise routine, or trying a new supplement.
1. Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian J Psychol Med. 2012 Jul;34(3):255-62. doi: 10.4103/0253-7176.106022. PMID: 23439798; PMCID: PMC3573577.
2. Ahmad MK, Mahdi AA, Shukla KK, Islam N, Rajender S, Madhukar D, Shankhwar SN, Ahmad S. Withania somnifera improves semen quality by regulating reproductive hormone levels and oxidative stress in seminal plasma of infertile males. Fertil Steril. 2010 Aug;94(3):989-96. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2009.04.046. Epub 2009 Jun 6. PMID: 19501822.
3. Fallah A, Mohammad-Hasani A, Colagar AH. Zinc is an Essential Element for Male Fertility: A Review of Zn Roles in Men’s Health, Germination, Sperm Quality, and Fertilization. J Reprod Infertil. 2018 Apr-Jun;19(2):69-81. PMID: 30009140; PMCID: PMC6010824.
4. Abarikwu SO, Pant AB, Farombi EO. Quercetin decreases steroidogenic enzyme activity, NF-κB expression, and oxidative stress in cultured Leydig cells exposed to atrazine. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013 Jan;373(1-2):19-28. doi: 10.1007/s11010-012-1471-z. Epub 2012 Oct 16. PMID: 23070809.
5. Biswas TK, Pandit S, Mondal S, Biswas SK, Jana U, Ghosh T, Tripathi PC, Debnath PK, Auddy RG, Auddy B. Clinical evaluation of the spermatogenic activity of processed Shilajit in oligospermia. Andrologia. 2010 Feb;42(1):48-56. doi: 10.1111/j.1439-0272.2009.00956.x. PMID: 20078516.
6. Leitão AE, Vieira MCS, Pelegrini A, da Silva EL, Guimarães ACA. A 6-month, double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized trial to evaluate the effect of Eurycoma longifolia (Tongkat Ali) and concurrent training on erectile function and testosterone levels in androgen deficiency of aging males (ADAM). Maturitas. 2021 Mar;145:78-85. doi: 10.1016/j.maturitas.2020.12.002. Epub 2020 Dec 10. PMID: 33541567.
7. Naghii MR, Mofid M, Asgari AR, Hedayati M, Daneshpour MS. Comparative effects of daily and weekly boron supplementation on plasma steroid hormones and proinflammatory cytokines. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2011 Jan;25(1):54-8. doi: 10.1016/j.jtemb.2010.10.001. Epub 2010 Dec 3. PMID: 21129941.